Air Datart (Samsung CZ)
How the world’s largest manufacturer of mobile phones successfully increased market share for their Galaxy
line of smart phone devices on the Czech and Slovak market.
- Samsung is the world’s largest manufacturer of mobile phone devices (34% world market share) fuelled by the popularity of its Galaxy line of devices.
- Also a major vendor for tablet computers as well as pioneering the phablet market.
- With headquarters in South Korea, Samsung Electronics employs more than 300,000 employees in 79 countries across the globe.
- Datart is a major retailer for consumer electronics in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- The chain consists of 32 stores in the Czech Republic and 11 stores in Slovakia.
- A recent merger with HP Tronic will secure a 20% share of the Czech and Slovak retail electronics market.
- Increase the market share of Galaxy line devices (mobile phones and tablets) on the Czech and Slovak market with an innovative incentive to replace widely used cashback programs.
- Promotion of the product line to go through one targeted sales channel: Datart – one of the biggest retail chains in CZ and SK.
- At the same time, increase sales by incentivising in-branch sales staff .
We created a Free Flight Campaign tailored to Samsung’s specific needs, offering 5 departure airports across the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland and Austria and 13 unique destination cities across Europe. The offer was communicated online and at the POS.
Communication to Customers
“Buy a participating Samsung Galaxy device and receive a free flight voucher.”
Communication to POS Staff
“Sell at least x amount of units of the promotional products within the given time and receive a free flight voucher.”
Campaign Mechanics and Incentive Redemption
- Inspire’s Free Flight Promotion outperformed all previous cashback promotions.
- Conversion rate uplift above average.
- Most popular incentive driver for Samsuing in CZ.
- > 50% attach rate, which was remarkably above the average of 40%.
Samsung and Datart created a range of marketing collateral to communicate the offer to customers. The offer and redemption process was effectively communicated to customers on POS posters and Online Banners.