Buy-2-Fly with Jarir Bookstore
How the largest retailer of books and consumer electronics in Saudi Arabia managed to shoot up sales with a powerful Free Flight Incentive
- Jarir Bookstore is the largest retailer for books and consumer electronics in Saudi Arabia.
- The business has 42 showrooms in Saudi Arabia and 5 showrooms in other GCC countries (Kuwait, Qatar, UAE) and is one of the most recognizable brands in the Gulf.
- Jarir sells roughly half of Saudi Arabia’s laptops and a third of the market’s tablets.
- The company expects to continue to grow its offline presence by having more than 60 stores by 2018.
- At the same time, Jarir is continuously improving and extending its online presence as Saudis are among the highest Internet users per capita in the world.
Objectives & Performance
The objective was to run a tactical short term promotion to both increase sales in general and to tackle a 17% sales drop in December 2015. The Promotion had its desired effect and resulted in a sales increase of 27% (against the market).
We created a Free Flight campaign tailored to Jarir’s specific needs: each customer who spends at least SR 2,000 / QR 3,000 ($530/£380) received a free flight voucher. Customers could either shop in one of over 40 Jarir stores or online.
“Spend at least SR 2,000 / QR 3,000 on products of your choice and receive a free flight voucher.”
Campaign Mechanics and Incentive Redemption
Marketing Collateral & Media
Jarir created a variety of marketing collateral to promote the campaign on- and offline.
Buy-2-Fly with Jarir Bookstore | How-To Video
An informative tutorial video is a great way to engage customers in the promotion. Videos are fun to watch and are a special appeal to mobile users: 90% of consumers watch videos on their mobile. And Smartphone users are growing! We also know from Google that smartphone users are twice as likely as TV viewers to feel a sense of personal connection to a brand that shows video content.