Working from our Bramhall office, you will be taking over our business-critical bespoke PHP applications to provide ongoing support and development. Some of these applications need modernising – or even rebuilding! You will also be trusted to take over, support and guide the future development of our day-to-day systems.
We are an established and growing business with some different “arms” – loyalty programmes, sales promotions and travel. You will be working on different applications and systems in all of these areas.
The successful candidate will quickly become a “go to” person for non-technical members of the team, so this role will suit a confident, experienced and communicative developer.
As the Senior Developer some of the day-to-day tasks that you will be responsible for include:
- Supporting, and sometimes customising, our off-the-shelf sales promotion websites
- Implementing and rolling out system changes and new features, and announcing these to the right people (who might be non-technical)
- Triaging bug reports and change requests for the bespoke PHP applications
- Keeping the Linux server estate ticking over (we use AWS)
- Providing timeframe estimates for the completion of new components or systems
- Working closely with Project Managers, fellow techies and non-technical staff
You will be a full stack developer and your current technical skillset will look a lot like this:
- PHP 7 (especially OO concepts)
- MySQL / MariaDB (schema design and SQL querying)
- Linux server configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Git (we use Bitbucket)
- CSS3 (whether plain vanilla, SASS / LESS or gridding frameworks)
- HTTP servers (whether Apache or Nginx)
Bonus points if you have any of the following under your belt: Amazon Web Services, Vagrant, CodeIgniter, Vue.js.
Inspire looks to give customers and clients more value and experience for their money and we are therefore looking for:
- A passion for knowledge
- Great team player
- Good communicator
- Creative problem solver
In return Inspire will offer:
In return for your input and skills, we are offering:
- A competitive salary: up to £42,000 depending on experience
- Healthcare and pension benefits
- A generous holiday allowance which includes having your birthday off
- Access to Laracasts and Udemy courses
- Free parking
- Childcare vouchers
To apply for this role please email email@example.com